DEMO & SUPPORT: 91-93584-44502, 91-141-4012472 | EMAIL : email@example.com
Steps showing How to Import Purchase entries from Excel to Tally
1. Go to Help sheet and match Tally Port in Cell 'D4' with the port set in Tally.
(Port in tally can be set by pressing F12 on Gateway of Tally --> Advanced Configuration)
2. Now click on the connect Tally button on the screen.
1. Select Purchase/Sales sheet and Check Mode mentioned in Cell D1. Click on Without Inventory button if the mode is different.
2. Copy following mandatory field:
a) Inv No.
c) Party/ Customer Name
d) Place of Supply
e) Taxable Value (separate columns are given for each GST rate)
Rest data like GST amount, Inv Amount etc. is auto-calculated.
3. Copy optional fields if needed like party GST no., narration, consignee name, reference no., reference date in subsequent columns
1. Click on Ledger Mapping button, a mapping window will open.
2. In mapping window, various drop downs are available wherein tally ledgers have been preloaded. Select the appropriate purchase ledgers in relevant drop-down.
3. Purchase ledgers can be mapped on the basis of GST % and Nature of Transaction (Local or Inter-State)
4. Similarly select the CGST, SGST, IGST ledgers for different GST rates.
1. Select Voucher Type in Cell E2. All default & custom vouchers available in tally will be shown here.
2. Click on Calculate & Validate button to identify the possible error in your data and see the report on error sheet.
3. Resolve the errors by clicking on the hyperlink.
4. Errors can be broadly classified as follows:
1. Upon validation, all new party ledgers are transferred to ledger sheet. Go to ledger sheet and export them in Tally.
2. Alternatively, you can edit party ledger name in purchase_sales sheet by selecting from drop-down available.
Validate the sheet again and see if all errors have been removed. If Validation is success, click on Export to Tally Button. All data will be exported to tally instantly.
Go to tally and verify your data.
Data can be imported with Invoice No, Inv Date, Ref No., Ref Date, Bill Reference etc.
Single voucher with multiple Purchases and GST ledgers can be imported. Multiple Tax Rates can be used.
You can use different buyer and consignee name, address, state in single voucher.
You can use additional accounting ledgers such as loading charges, freight, shipping, discount etc.
Use custom vouchers created in Tally (Ex. GST Purchase) Further multiple voucher type can be used in one go.
You can use Cost Center at either voucher level or ledger level. You can also use narration.
Import purchase voucher with purchase order details i.e. order no. and date
Import purchase voucher with Document No, Dispatch through, Destination, Vehicle No., Delivery Note No.
Import purchases data with Cess or TCS.
Kamal Jain, FCA, CCA
Prachi Shah, Senior Executive