DEMO & SUPPORT: 91-93584-44502, 91-141-4012472 | EMAIL : email@example.com
Steps showing How to Import Sales with Inventory from Excel to Tally
1. Go to Help sheet and match Tally Port in Cell 'D4' with the port set in Tally.
(Port in tally can be set by pressing F12 on Gateway of Tally --> Advanced Configuration)
2. Now click "Connect Tally" button available on Help sheet.
1. Select Purchase/Sales sheet and Check Mode mentioned in Cell D1. Click on "Inventory Mode" button if the mode is different.
2. Copy following mandatory field:
a) Inv No.
c) Party/ Customer Name
d) Place of Supply
3. Copy optional fields if needed like party GST no., narration, consignee name, reference no., reference date in subsequent columns
1. Go to Stock Sheet.
2. Copy Invoice No., Item Name, Godown, Quantity, Item Rate and GST Rate in columns provided.
3. Do not fill Unit, it will come automatically upon validating this sheet.
4. Optional columns like Discount(%), TCS/Cess can be filled if needed.
5. If you want to fill assessable value instead of Item Rate, click on disable rate button.
6. You can also import GST Rate of stock items from tally with Import GST Rate button
1. Click on Validate button on stock sheet.
2. All the data of stock sheet will be validated and errors if any will be highlighted in Red. Also one error report will be generated.
3. Errors can be broadly classified as follows:
1. Upon validation, all new stock items are transferred to ItemImport sheet. Go to ItemImport sheet and export them in Tally.
2. Alternatively, you can edit the stock item name in stock sheet by selecting from drop-down available.
Validate the stock sheet again and see if all errors have been removed. If Validation is success, go to next step.
1. Select Voucher Type in Cell E2. All default & custom vouchers available in tally will be shown here.
2. Click on Calculate & Validate button to identify the possible error in your data and see the report on error sheet.
3. Resolve the errors by clicking on the hyperlink.
4. Errors can be broadly classified as follows:
1. Upon validation, all new ledgers are transferred to ledger sheet. Go to ledger sheet and export them in Tally.
2. Alternatively, you can edit the ledger name in sales data only by selecting from drop-down available.
Validate the sheet again and see if all errors have been removed. If Validation is success, click on Export to Tally Button. All data will be exported to tally instantly.
Go to tally and verify your data
Data can be imported with Invoice No, Inv Date, Ref No., Ref Date, Bill Reference etc.
Single voucher with multiple Sales and GST ledgers can be imported. Multiple Tax Rates can be used.
You can use different buyer and consignee name, address, state in single voucher.
You can use additional accounting ledgers such as loading charges, freight, shipping, discount etc.
Use custom vouchers created in Tally (Ex. GST Sales) Further multiple voucher type can be used in one go.
You can use Cost Center at either voucher level or ledger level. You can also use narration.
Import sales voucher with sales order details i.e. order no. and date
Import sales voucher with Document No, Dispatch through, Destination, Vehicle No., Delivery Note No.
Import sales data with Cess or TCS.
Kamal Jain, FCA, CCA
Prachi Shah, Senior Executive